Old 12-15-15, 12:53 PM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
Originally Posted by globecanvas
I'm in serious pain, like hobbled. Sunday I did a rock scramble with my kids, totally not strenuous, but walking down off the crag my left quad started to hurt. Yesterday I did a lot of box jumps, and afterwards both quads were sore enough that I took an Aleve. Didn't really think about the soreness for the rest of the day.

This morning I went MTBing. Felt totally fine for the first 20 minutes, which included a short climb. We were riding pretty hard. On the descent I dropped the seatpost and was in a crouch for maybe a minute. Coming out of the crouch both quads cramped up to where I couldn't pedal. Any contraction of the muscle was intolerable. Both quads, on the meat of the muscle, both inside and outside. No pain at all when not contracted.

I limped back to the car, took a couple Aleve, drank a bunch of water. Two hours later I am still walking like a cowboy. Doesn't feel like an injury - not localized enough, no pain at all when not contracted, and pain disappeared completely Sunday and Monday evening. It feels like bad cramps, but with no real physical cause. I'm wondering if maybe it's an illness presenting itself. I guess I'll stay off the bike for a day or two. Bleh.
jinkies, heal up. I'm surprised to hear you rode today