Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
Cinq5 plug plus

So last fall I got caught in a torrential downpour that caused some localized flooding which caused the cache battery to discharge. I took the charge cap off and let everything dry for a couple days, put it all back together and it was good. No problems riding through the snow last winter so I didn’t think much more about it. Then a couple weeks ago I was on one of my afternoon rides and got caught out again in some heavy rain and it caused the same problem so I tried the same remedy, but this time it didn’t fix the problem. I contacted Tout Terrain and explained the situation and they had me send it in for testing.Hello Chris,

I’ve just checked you Plug5 plus and found that the Topcap (head) did not pass the test with our test software.

I replaced it and updated the Powermodule (battery), too. I removed most of the shrinking tube of the Powermodule as this is the current standard.

I also included 2 of the new raincaps for improved water protection.

The Plug5 plus will be shipped back to you today.

The two rain caps is because I have one on another bike. If you have one I’d probably head over to their site and pick one up so you don’t need to take advantage of their rather great customer service.