View Single Post
Old 10-10-22, 04:38 PM
etherhuffer 

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker,81 Fuji Gran Tour SE, 83 Fuji S12S LTD, Voyageur 11.8 chrome, Raleigh R300 Touring, Voyageur 11.8

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 503 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
All true, especially the poor eyesight. I didn't mention it, but when I moved for him, I also talked to him, in a friendly voice. That works with a lot of critters, just letting them know you're not "necessarily" their enemy. 👍

And yep, people feed feral cats right there too. That's why I didn't see him quite as soon as I maybe should have, he was leaving the cat food area, and I was expecting a cat, more than a skunk. 🤔😉

Part of me thinks skunks could be very friendly, if given the chance, but I just don't feel that testing that is a good idea. 😋😁😉
In the ancient days, my uncle in Fairview MT had a pet skunk. Found it as a kit and had it de-smelled by a veterinarian. It was a strange critter. Liked the attention, but when scared would throw up its tail and try to squirt what was no longer there. I am glad most folks don't do this anymore. Wild critters should remain wild. I say that knowing how tempting it is to feed the squirrels, chippys, and marmots at Mt Rainier. But no, keep them wild and stinky