Old 03-11-23, 01:08 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
How much do those replacement chain cost each time?

I don't need to go see another forum, you claimed that you've seen "huge amount"; why should I do your research for you?

Do you think majority of ebike riders ride "real off road"?
Under 1000 ft. of climbing with a geared hub motor or fixed hub motor?
Does battery charging problem not occur on mid-drive ebikes?
What I am supposed t count e very problem and report back to you? I mean you claim hub drives are more reliable but have yet to back that up with anything. I have been reading for 3 years all of the problems with cheap hub drive bikes. RAD used to have so many wheel failures it was not funny. lectric better not ride it in the rain and so on.
my battery charger and such is UL rated its not a cheap charger that has no real protection. most cheap chargers will sit there and trickle charge batteries unless you turn them off. all those cheap batteries are causing fires in New York. some of the picks of the charging setups are crazy. Unless you use throttle only you're going to wear Chans out on a hub drive too not as fast but they still wear. but since they tend to be 8 speed or less of course they will last longer. Grin who makes about the best Hug motors out there give their testy data on what hub motors can do. no way would one handle all the climbing I do.
You really have no numbers on how reliable these delivery bikes are. bikes tend to be reliable even the cheap ones.