View Single Post
Old 03-14-20, 11:14 AM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
This is an enthusiast forum as we can see by the question to "limit" to 3 bikes. If this was the forum of our spouses, the question would be to limit to 1 bike :-)

I wouldn't have 3 bikes that are as similar s the ones in the OP. Depending on the area and type of riding I could see someone having a hybrid for commuting, an MTB, and a gravel bike. Or different MTB (FS, HT etc.). but they should be different enough to not have too much overlap.

i have a fatbike (off-road, MTB duties, snow), a hybrid (toughroad with 2.15" tires) for all my trail/gravel riding and a commuter hybrid with 1.75" tires. If I wasn't worried about theft, the commuter would be obsolete as the hybrid could do the same, even better. with unlimted resources, i could think of having an FS MTB, a jones bike (29+ rigid), but not something that is too similar to my current bikes (i.e. another fatbike, or hybrid).

with that said, 3 bikes doesn't seem to be a real limit unless you look for garage queens or have a lot of time.