Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Austin is going crazy right now. My daughter just moved back. When she was shopping for a place to rent, these are some of the things she and her two roommates ran into:

1. They put in their app and a deposit for a place, but were then told that someone else offered $2,000 per month over the listed rental rate so they got bumped.

2. At another place within their comfortable rent range, they were told that they would only qualify if each of them (all 25 with good paying jobs) made at least $165,000 per year for a combined household income of right at $500,000. Hard to do when you are just two years out of school. Seems their combined incomes of about $300,000 was just not enough.

SMH
That sounds odd to me. Glad we didn't have to deal with that two years ago. For the latter, I do wonder if it was wanting each of them to be able to afford the place individually, in case the others lost jobs or flaked. I know that was the situation with the apartment we rented in Troy later in college. Still, that makes it very hard to get started as a ute. I have two coworkers - software developers - who are living with their parents. The bank wants them to move to CLT "after the pandemic", which...