View Single Post
Old 07-18-21, 07:17 AM
axxman

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Kenevo SL exp2017 Specialized Expert carbon X1 2016 Specialized Trek 8.6 DS, Previously owned 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper comp carbo Trek 4500, 2019 Canyon Urban 5.0, Diamondback, Ross Apollo 5speed, Huffy? Research Dynamics(stolen)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
what trail is that

Originally Posted by timgriffin2
I purchased a 2020 Sirrus 3.0 in late July to replace my 2016 Crosstrail Sport. It took a few trips back to the shop to get it right with shifting problems and a really loose bottom bracket. After the "free" tuneup at the 250 mile mark everything now seems to be 100%. I was struggling with slipping forward on the saddle and moving the saddle back about an inch corrected that problem. I found that my average speed is the same as it was on the Crosstrail which surprised me a bit. The Sirrus is about 8-9 pounds lighter than the Crosstrail. I now have 800 miles on the Sirrus and am missing the Crosstrail less every ride. So far the biggest difference in the two bikes is that I struggled on the Crosstrail after about 20 miles and had a maximum ride of 25 miles, but the Sirrus I easily take 30-35 mile rides now. I ride almost exclusively paved bike paths now and that factored into my decision to move to the Sirrus. The Sirrus definitely feels more nimble and maneuverable.
The pedals have got to go - the stock ones feel like I'm pedaling on 2x4 blocks. I'm also considering bar ends for more hand positions. Other than that I'm loving the Sirrus more and more with each ride...
Hey, my house is up in Citrus Cty, but I ride all over tampa/clearwater, what trail is that one?

"edit" sorry I just read the writing, looks like the suncoast trail.
Thank you,

Last edited by axxman; 07-18-21 at 07:47 AM.