View Single Post
Old 07-24-21, 04:23 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,867 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo

I have baggies with a removable "liner" too. But that liner is pretty much a scant bicycle short, not much different than my old non-bib shorts. I can't see how that would reduce the issue in the OP- still requires the same maintenance / cleaning as any bike shorts. Just buy another pair of bike shorts and wear them under baggies - and that's any baggy shorts, not "bike" shorts - if you like wearing baggies.
I was thinking more of high quality mtb liners with a high quality pad and outer shell. Most of the higher end shorts are 2 piece like this now. The removable liners you are talking about are usually pretty low quality compared to road bib-short pads. The problem with wearing any old baggy shorts is the cut will likely showcase your butt-crack and will probably catch on the nose of your seat for good measure. Decent mtb shorts are cut to avoid both these potential issues and have pockets better positioned on your thighs. The devil is in the detail.

I was assuming the OP isn’t interested in road bib-shorts, which don’t require anything underneath.
Likes For PeteHski: