View Single Post
Old 07-26-21, 08:09 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,574 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
If I tried to ride three days without cleaning one pair of shorts, I'd have saddle sores popping up all under. I'd never make it to the fifth day. (Your bottom may vary.)

What has worked for me: Get at least one more pair of bike shorts, and take something to change into after each day's ride. Wash the shorts out, dry them as best you can (clothes hangers indoors, draped over a rope or tent outside, or bungeed to the top of your rack the next day). If it rains all that time, wring them out as best you can before putting the clean pair on -- if it's still raining, they'll be wet while you're riding!
That's what I try to accomplish each day if possible. For washing, I take them in the shower if one is available. Showering/washing the clothes is one of the first things I try to do when I hit camp so I can get the clothes drying as soon a possible, especially if I can take advantage of sun. Tree limbs often make good clothes hangers. Draped over picnic table is sometimes another way to spread them out and get them in the sun so they dry more quickly.