View Single Post
Old 08-19-21, 09:58 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
I've got a bunch of merino wool gear I use. Great stuff. Ibex jersey, and some minus 33 stuff and Icebreaker. It's all lasted for years. Most of my merino kit is now over 10 years old. The one minus 33 baselayer has some wear holes now from my HR monitor strap but it still just keeps going and going. The holes don't seem to unravel and come apart like you would think with a normal knitted item. Everything else is good as new still.

My newest one is a short sleeve from soigneur.co.nz. Heavier material than my other jerseys but seems really well made.

https://www.soigneur.co.nz/product/P...y-Short-Sleeve

Wore it for 40 miles last Sunday with temps reaching up to 88 f. and felt just fine in it. That's part of the appeal to me. I can head out early on a long ride here when the temps are in the low 50s and still be fine when I finish with temps in the 80's. All in just one simple merino jersey, they have such a huge temperature range.