View Single Post
Old 06-21-21, 02:13 AM
Solo_rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow ! Lots of replies. Thanks again for the replies.

Iride01, some people are very sensitive to noises, especially repetitive ones (I think it's called misophonia). I'm extremely sensitive to repetitive sounds and I become too focused on any noise that I hear that some people might not even pay any attention to. When I'm riding and my bike makes noises I just want to stop riding and go home because I won't enjoy the ride. Today was a perfect day for riding but didn't go because I still haven't sorted out the problem even though the noise isn't too loud. But the other thing, I like to keep my things in good shape, which means I like to fix things when they start showing signs of trouble.

I think this is a square taper BB. I have the tool to remove the cranks but I'm still not 100% sure where the noise is coming from but it does sound like it's coming from that area (chainring/cranks) but can't pinpoint it. Definitely not the seat/post or brake levers. Also, it's actually more like a ticking sound. And yes, it is an aluminum frame bike -with the exception of the fork, I think.

As mentioned, this is a 5 year old bike in like brand new condition and only ridden a few months out of the year. I doubt there's anything wrong with the frame -like cracks.