View Single Post
Old 09-03-21, 03:15 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 756 Times in 561 Posts
Originally Posted by c_m_shooter
Touring is socially distancing. Why would you stop? The only issues I've had were being surprised by different restrictions in different states.
For a while I figured the risk of flying or other public transportation was higher than I was willing to risk. A more local tour across my current home state was filled with folks who refuse the vaccine and resist wearing masks, The ignore social distancing rules. For me a big part of touring is meeting local people and eating local food. Even today with every day seeming to set a new record for covid deaths, our governer is suing to protect his ban on school mask requirements.

Then other places I wanted to go were dealing with closures, fires, or smoke from fires.

I have a wife who is in a higher risk group who I don't want to leave home while I go on another long tour while she is stuck mostly at home.

Also while I figure risk of death is very low for those of us who are vaccinated, I am not comforted by all that I read about possible long term problems after having even a silent covid case.

Basically, I just keep pushing it off until things settle down more and they never seem to.