View Single Post
Old 09-04-21, 01:19 PM
headwind15
Bikeable

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
I have a few points to make. A). You live in Florida - the highest bicycle fatality state in the country. I believe that there is a higher chance of you being hit by a car, than getting covid. C) Covid coverage is scaring a lot of people. One of these days they are going to change your favorite news broadcast to simply Covid coverage. D) I do no not know how you run your bike tours, but generally speaking bike touring is in the range of a " a low risk activity". It is not like you are going to a covid spreader event or something. I think that you are using it as an excuse.
B). This is the most luxurious time for humans in world history. I mean when you are out on your bike, you ever noticed all of the people who have to haul a porta pod, bed, shower and kitchen, when they go touring in their motor home. Lets face it bike touring is a fringe activity. I can't tell you how many times people have commented to me about how touring is too much work, and how I should consider a motorcycle, where all you have to do is twist your wrist a little bit, and your going 50-60-70 mph. Maybe you don't like anymore.
To be a bike tourist you have to have a few unique qualities 1) A dreamer. Every tour starts with "where would it be cool to tour." 2) Be willing to live without all of the comforts of home. So, you have obviously spent a huge amount of time to do all of that research (and money) just so you could come up with one of the lightest touring equipment lists, just so it will just collect dust in your garage?
Likes For headwind15: