Old 03-17-23, 09:12 AM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked 1,393 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
When did this turn into an e-assist hate thread? Sigh. And the repeated cries for "enforcement". Guys, I really hate to be the one to break it to y'all's ... there isn't anyone coming to save us from ourselves! They can barely patrol the streets. Now you want them to patrol the MUP's too? And the production (Specialized) e-bike going 40mph. No one flagged that? Well I will. Specialized does not sell e-bikes capable of that speed, so they should not be called out by name. Getting incensed about the existence of e-bikes that have throttles is just more virtue signaling, and is inappropriate.

Constantly being irate that e-assist exists in any form at all, and that bicycles should forever remain unpowered, is just pure unadulterated Karen. I wish you could all step back a bit from the edge and look at your posts like someone without an axe to grind will. I think you would be (rightfully) embarrassed at how Karen you sound. One day you will need an e-bike, and you will buy one, and of course (with no irony whatsoever) that will be ok because you will only use the lowest amount of assist possible. And only when absolutely necessary.
amen. i was going to point out the 40mph e-bike but figured everyone who mattered knew it was BS.

old karens yelling at the clouds…