Old 05-08-20, 12:39 PM
__Dom__

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Sweet! No apparent wear on the cranks, original snap in covers, dork disc, etc. That bike was ridden little and carefully stored. Looks like the original tires too -- skinny-minnie Panaracer Tecnova 700x20. I'd ride those maybe once on smooth pavement just for grins, then put 'em away as sorta-collectibles.

Try a set of Continental Ultra Sport II tires in 700x23. Best affordable tires I've tried. I'm a cheapskate but still want good tires. Those Conti's cost around $30-$40 a pair, depending on current sale prices, and ride almost as nicely as my much more expensive Schwalbe One V-Guards. I'm currently riding Conti Grand Prix Classic skinwalls, which look great -- true translucent skinwalls, handmade in Germany -- and cost twice as much but don't ride any better than the Ultra Sport II.
Yea, I’ll do a full strip and frame restoration. Overhaul all bearings and replace all consumables. And you’re right about the panaracers, 20 up front lol. Actually has 25 rear which makes me think it was stock since I can’t see how someone who didn’t ride the bike much went out and bought a fatter rear in the same make. I do like the conti ultra sport a lot. For the aesthetic of the bike I will probably do something a little higher end in a gumwall. If I was gonna restore and sell I’d do something lower end like a michelin dynamic but I can’t really see myself parting with such a great find unless the money was too good to pass up or I find another dream bike and my wife won’t let me keep both lol....