canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by __Dom__
Yea, I’ll do a full strip and frame restoration. Overhaul all bearings and replace all consumables. And you’re right about the panaracers, 20 up front lol. Actually has 25 rear which makes me think it was stock since I can’t see how someone who didn’t ride the bike much went out and bought a fatter rear in the same make. I do like the conti ultra sport a lot. For the aesthetic of the bike I will probably do something a little higher end in a gumwall. If I was gonna restore and sell I’d do something lower end like a michelin dynamic but I can’t really see myself parting with such a great find unless the money was too good to pass up or I find another dream bike and my wife won’t let me keep both lol....
Yeah, the Michelin Dynamics are a great value in a gumwall. The sidewalls are stiff, so the ride may not be great compared with other tires. But the supple, thin sidewall of the Conti Grand Prix Classic skinwalls doesn't magically translate to a significantly better ride. They look great and ride well, but it's not really any better than the Ultra Sport II.