View Single Post
Old 07-17-20, 12:47 AM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanks for the youtube tip, I started watching virtual TDF.

There is lots for improvement though. It seems that staying in the bunch or basically keeping your position relative to other riders is quite critical, unlike in the real life. Here things change way too fast, escapes out front as well as dropping through the peloton to be left behind. Those power ups (besides being poor graphics) make it into an un-serious game like pursuit, it devalues the effort that goes into it, bringing into it element of luck or how it is determined?

And the algorithm could use tuning up too, too much of side-wise hyper jumping or riders when they pass each other. Things like these wouldn't exactly make me eager to get onto it (the Zwift platform I mean). It all reminds me of early gaming days.

BTW, can people cheat? Like somebody else riding the bike in a particular race? When you register account, how do they know what sex I am? More to the point, can men pose as women and take part in their race? Is it compulsory that you should have active your monitor camera, so that they can check it is not you but your husband who rode the race? I read that HRMonitor is compulsory to be counted in the race, yet one woman in the virtual TDF didn't show her heart beat, it was at zero bpm, maybe collapsed rider.

Last edited by vane171; 07-17-20 at 12:58 AM.