Old 08-15-20, 07:29 PM
miyagibike

Bikes: 1970's Kalkhoff, 1980 Univega Gran Turismo, 90's Cannondale 3.0 (Campagnolo) Criterium, 1993 Specialized Epic Carbon, 2001 Merlin Extralight (Tom Kellogg), 2006 Bianchi D2 Crono TT, Trek 5200 OCLV (Campy Record Carbon gruppo, Zero G brakes, 14.7 lbs)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Hey, 3alarmer, Wow! Really a super-pretty bike! Did (does) your 1973 have tubular wheels/tires originally? Those look like 700c clinchers maybe? Also my 1971 and 1972 both have tubular wheels/tires and "Schwinn-approved" (DiaComp?) center pull brakes. On one of the bikes I might consider switching to 700c clinchers which would probably? need long-reach side pulls, to allow for more options/convenience for a potential new owner. I'd be getting away from it's original configuration though and since it would most likely be sold (since 24"/61cm is way big for me), I wonder if that might hurt its value for a potential buyer/collector. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. Did you you add the side pull brakes and if so did you need to have long reach brakes or use a drop bolt? Once again, it's a very, very nice ride! I hope someday that I might find one in 20"/50cm. I'm lucky to have 2 Paramounts but it's heartbreaking that I can't ride them and if/when they're sold I may not get my hands on another! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I might keep one for wall art but that would a shame and it would taunt me every time I walked by it!! Thanks for the photos!