View Single Post
Old 03-24-22, 07:12 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
My story was from not that many years ago. You too can re-live those bygone days by forgoing your gps. If you get lost with a cue sheet, it can be awful to get back on route. I recommend off-line google maps as a backup.

OTOH, I did dnf a 200k a couple of years ago because the 830 gps doesn't have a loud warning about being off route, it was windy, and my hearing isn't the best. The off-route warning doesn't stay on the screen long either. I got confused because the road I was looking for showed up in multiple places. Nice road, I just took the wrong branch. Turns out that rwgps isn't great at getting you back on track either.
I think the red warning flag on the 1030 stays on quite a long time...??? Better than the 810 but not sure how long it stays up

That little beep and short warning is one reason I ditched the 810. I knew I had to make a left on a 300K down in Florida but then this pit bull meaning serious business comes after me and recumbents don't like to sprint. I got it up to speed and just barely stayed ahead of the dog. The speed was so nice, I forgot about the left turn.....for like 5 miles. Then, I had 5 miles to worry about making a right hander onto a sharp acute angle (50 degrees on a 55 inch wheelbase)with an aggressive dog across the road and of course, teeth are about facial cheek level on my recumbent.