Old 09-23-22, 01:27 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,586 Times in 1,434 Posts
FWIW - i've been riding on hard anodized rims for decades, While there is some measurable reduction in brake friction, I still have no problems, either locking the rear wheel, or lifting the rear with the front brake. Rain braking is lousy, but I can't really tell whether it's worse than with any of my other aluminum rims.

Rarther than focus on stripping the hard coat, try using "stickier" rubber brake shoes. Think about the shoes on your feet. Your leather soled dance shoes may be very slippery on the varnished wood of a basketball court. However they don't sand the courts, instead players wear shoes suited to it's surface.

Shoes do vary by brand, and even by color within brands. For example, I've found KoolStop grey colored shoes to be a bit stickier then their other colors.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.
Likes For FBinNY: