View Single Post
Old 03-05-22, 12:45 PM
billnuke1 

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 389 Posts
I have retired, got divorced, sold the Cape home, bought the Florida home, changed my Mass. affiliations to my new Florida home! I have no master. No adult supervision. No time constraints. No weather related constraints. I have multiple spaces that are whatever they need to be at that moment! I’m often alone but seldom lonely! I practice “Hi-solation! I walk by, other residents walk, bike, or golf cart by…we wave and keep going by unless invited to a short visit…I live in a restricted neighborhood: over 55, gated, conservative HOA… There are quite a few fun, low energy activities here and being in Florida, you are never at a loss of activity to suit you! In and out of your comfort zone! These zones change as you grow into your retirement! The only person or situation inflicting a sense of urgency on you or a task is you!
And yes you do wake up at odd hours, day, night, afternoon…my cat, Max has the same schedule as I do and will visit several times a night! We may still be in our honeymoon stage! I wake him up every time I pass one of his spaces…lots of grunts and groans! Not always receptive to my affections! My work, my business, my pass time is reflection. Everything I do now is for me! Nobody else is responsible for me! Just the act of living keeps me occupied! You eat, you must shop! You cook, you clean! Personal grooming and hygiene!Laundry! You get the idea! I am solely responsible for the logistics of those activities! Every daily activity is a process…easily figured out and mastered! Maybe your way wasn’t always the best way! Maybe you still do it that way anyhow! It works! For you!
It takes a while to come to grips with the enormity of you life now! The doors are open…nothing but an open, constantly growing field to manicure as you see fit as you walk through it! It, the same as life, needs constant attention! It becomes your way of life as the farmer who must constantly tend to his crops to live…carve out time to be with yourself…confront those regrets, disappointments and supposed shortcomings…or read a book, draw, or just hangout with yourself! I was never one that needed to be entertained…maybe entertaining…I just laughed out loud! That, and pangs of happiness can be indications of you well being…your progress as you move along…like the alcoholic who finally figures it out and wants to share his feelings with everyone or that someone. Sometimes there is just yourself! You will become content with this arrangement between you and your inner self…it’s like bicycles, bicycling…if you have to explain…today’s word is: cathartic…

Last edited by billnuke1; 03-06-22 at 11:00 AM.