View Single Post
Old 07-04-21, 03:26 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 890 Posts
So, for the last week I've been riding rather than writing; good trade, as the old joke has it. Here's a brief synoptic report.

Tuesday, the temperature hit 97degF, and I took the Surly for a little ride along the eastern shore of the Mystic Lakes, partly to enjoy the few degrees of moderation that proximity to the water is good for, partly out of curiosity for how the scene there was affected by the fierce weather. In general, people were in the water, or as close to it as possible; Shannon Beach was mobbed, but the adjacent lawns, picnic areas, and woods were empty, as were the basketball courts, tennis courts, and playground at Dugger Park.

The Giant Schnauzer and its master were once again keeping cool at the Tufts Barcow Sailing Pavillion.

Wednesday, I took the GT out on the same route, running ahead of the incoming line storm--I thought--but ran smack into it, instead. There was a moment when the temperature dropped at least 10degF in under a minute, accompanied by authoritative flourishes of wind, rain, thunder, and lighning. I took a couple of photos, and beat a not-quite-timely-enough retreat.

Thursday, I had an easy spin up the Minuteman to Lexington Center on the Surly. Wednesday's storm had improved riding conditions, however briefly.

Friday, the rain was back, mostly in the form of wind-blown drizzle that I associate with Oahu, and I rode the Surly out to Depot Park and back, getting nice and wet in the process.

Saturday, I rode East, and got even wetter.

Sunday (that'd be today), I sprinted up to Lexington Center on the Minuteman in unlooked-for drizzle. Just a little wet this time.

Is this what they mean by "stay hydrated"?

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 07-04-21 at 07:32 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: