Old 09-22-21, 03:20 PM
Minibbb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by travbikeman
I would agree with prj71 on this. See if you can return this, even if there is a restocking fee, it would still be cheaper to go the higher grade model than upgrading.

The OP's original post clearly shows an unhappiness with the bike. Not really sure there is a problem, this level of bike with the equipment typically can make more noises and require more effort on use.

OP is expecting and needs a better bike than what this one is.

Edit: Just compared the FX1 and FX2, OP, don't expect a huge difference. Brakes will be better, you will have 1 more gear with an actual cassette over a freewheel, but it's very much the same bike other than that. If it wasn't an issue with theft for riding to and from work, I would suggest going for a FX3 instead.
Thank you PRJ71 and travbikeman 👍

So I can't return it as purchased it via a cycle to work scheme (in the UK where you save on tax by the bike cost being taken from your wages monthly). If they did take it back I think I'd only have the equivalent money to spend which wouldn't get me much.

My wife has a low spec Cannondale quick hybrid which I imagine is similar specification and it's smooth and no rattles! Caliper brakes but otherwise a joy to ride.

I think mine can be sorted with the right knowledge and effort- other than the issues described it is nice to ride and handy being low value around theft etc.

Point taken around upgrading parts though- if I can get it sorted I'll leave it stock until things wear out!
Likes For Minibbb: