View Single Post
Old 11-24-21, 06:18 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5218 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
Originally Posted by bike_tom
I wore the Pearl Izumi AmFib gloves I got last Spring:If anything, these were too warm this afternoon, but they would be just right if it was still in the 30s. They are a bit hard to get back on after your hands sweat a bit, but its not a big deal.I don't know if anyone else has encountered the fussiness of the electronic lock on the men's room at the Bedford Depot, but I have found a workaround: lift the inside handle so it is fully horizontal (pointing to 3 o'clock) before touching the lock button. It works every time if you do that. The return spring is weak causing the handle to not return to the fully latched position on its own, and that prevents the lock from engaging.
I have the same gloves but not w/ leather palms. I like those! mine also are a bit sticky if I wear them over a certain temperature. but I believe I got mine 1 size too big, so I can still get back in them w/o any trouble. re: the Bedford restrooms, didn't notice what you mentioned, last Tuesday, but noticed the light wasn't working on the ladies room door & it was also not locked for the season yet. I wish they kept them open year 'round, but thanks for the tip because I plan to visit again before they close up