View Single Post
Old 07-19-22, 07:23 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 757 Times in 562 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
As noted, using something new or newish seat putting in 13 days of riding 5, 6 hours a day is just asking for trouble, unless you can put the hours in and make sure it works.

Time honoured tradition of not using new "magically better" stuff before any self propelled trip, hiking boots or bike seat or whatever.
I think this is a bigger deal when going to something that is way different like a leather saddle. I feel like I can personally choose any of a pretty large number of similar saddles and be fine. I have a history of knowing that I am not too fussy about saddles within a certain range of designs though. Even given that I'd be inclined to spend a little time on a given saddle before heading out on a long tour. Some (probably most) need to take greater care.

I think that riders with a more aggressive posture are likely to carry more weight on their legs and less on the saddle. If they are comfortable with that posture it will likely allow better saddle comfort. That may not be an answer for everyone though as some will prefer an upright posture.