Old 09-25-05, 09:06 AM
james_swift
All ur bike r belong Enki

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by guydickinson
Only thing I am going to change on my swift is the length of the handlebar stem, for me personally (I'm 5'11), its a little short and I find myself sitting past the back of the saddle...but that's a $20 fix and a 5 minute unbolting exercise.
Same with me...I went with as long a stem as I could find (130mm) and cut-down the stem post 3 inches. Getting more weight over the front wheel (and more of myself stretched over the top tube) has made a huge difference in handling. The bike now carves corners at speed with confidence. Gone is the out-of-the-box squirrely feel.

Originally Posted by guydickinson
Btw, has anyone seen any bike couriers in NY riding a swift? I would have thought they would be the ideal courier bike, as they're fast, sturdy and can snap in half in seconds to get in a lift etc?
Taken from the NYCEWheels product description:

"The Swift folder is tough. It's from Brooklyn, what else would expect? The Swift has gone through many years of trial by fire riding on the streets of New York City, and the end result is a bike that can take a beating and keep on riding. ... This bike has been an underground legend among NYC riders for years, but the difficulty was getting your hands on one."
When I was in Manhattan last year, I remember seeing a few of these "Swifts" in single-speed/fixed configurations used by messengers. At the time, I thought they were modified Fridays (which is what almost prompted me to purchase a Friday, until I got word of the Swift).

Last edited by james_swift; 09-25-05 at 10:26 AM.