Old 12-04-20, 01:19 PM
Andy Antipas 

Bikes: too many old steel bikes

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 938 Times in 176 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
I think @Andy Antipas definitely got the best part of the deal with that Urago. If it had been my size, I'd have definitely kept it. Speaking of which, it doesn't look like that Grand Record will fit you. The frame I got in the deal was the International which is currently on its way to @nlerner. The frame-to-be named later was the Lygie that you sold to @SquireBlack.

So, yeah, definitely some frame swapping going on with this group. Not sure I'd trade a Somec for a De Rosa though.

My advice to the OP: Flip a coin. Be sure to throw it really high in the air. While it's in the air, take note of how you're hoping it will land. That will tell you what you really want to do. Ignore the result of the coin toss.
Unfortunately, I don't have any useful advice for the OP. Horse trading.....

However, since @andy k weighed in on @gugie post, I need to respond. I sent the following in a private message to @gugie.....

During that three way (that sounds a bit odd...), as I remember it, I think there was a small Moto GR frame, and a Lygie frame that Mark got. I know Mark sold the Lygie on because there was an on going thread about that bike. I don't know what happened to the Grand Record frame, but ironically, and at a later date, I went out and bought a complete but very tired Grand Record from a guy in Bremerton (Seattle Craigslist), which I still have, built up with 650b wheels and period parts and now serves as my gravel bike!

I bought from Andy K, the Urago and his red Pinarello Grand Touring touring frames, which I still have. I'm not sure Andy K got a frame out of it, but I gave him money? I'm thinking the frames I had that @gugie got went toward paying off some of Andy K's bill at Mark's shop?

As I remember it, it was a pretty fun day. We had a nice lunch too!
Likes For Andy Antipas: