OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked 633 Times in 432 Posts
[QUOTE=mtnbud;22647742]
Originally Posted by b88

IMO: There are vigilante cyclists who make it a point to enforce their right to be on the road by purposefully getting in the way of vehicles to make their point.. Those types of cyclists tend to tick off drivers and cause them to stereotype all cyclists. Once they feel that way, all cyclists get stereotyped into the same category. The best you can do is be polite and hope to sway their attitude in the other direction so they will stop taking out all their hate on every cyclist they encounter.
And you know this because of your super power mind reading ability? Wouldn't be because unsafe sections needs traversing, so going more into a traffic lane is the only option?
I do , often, need to go into the traffic lane, from a bike lane shoulder - parked car, bus stop, garden service using their blowers to blow all the dust and loose debris into the road, glass bottle broken in the bike lane... the list is endless. I always check to see what the situation is behind, and then signal before moving over - 95% of the time drivers GROK and all goes well. 5% of the time I unfortunately find an asshat is behind me...
Asshats come in all forms as motorist, cyclist, biker, pedestrian. The list is endless, as is the supply.
We're pretty lucky here. Even though our road surfaces tend to suck, we also have bike lanes which don;t suck worse.
Although the 'Infrastructure' monies are flowing, and we have NEW problems, numerous areas where road reconstruction is so prevalent that the detours are so convoluted that drivers and cyclists alike are exasperated by the slow, circuitous routing to go a few blocks. Realizing it will all get better, doesn;t seem to make the aaarrrgh ! moment any easier... LOL ANd just when you think you're through, you come on a new, unexpected detour... aaarrrrgh !
aaaarrrgh on!
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: