serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Do you have it on showroom torch mode?

Get the calibration settings for that model on line, then set it up correctly. If you don't know how to do it, tell me the model and I'll look them up for you.
Good god no man. I will do more later - right now it's Standard, Eco Low, LD High, and set brightness as per background and proximity to bedtime. My memory of the initial setup is that it even makes you intentionally select torch mode.

It does have some blooming, but it's mostly on things like credits and the Netflix logo. Actual content, even night content, is good with LD High. Most of the "blooming" is baked into the original image with it cutting off HARD at the black bars. I'm sure a cinemaphile would have issues, but it is far better than anything I've seen. Funny thing is, the old TV in front of the trainer with no LD was nicer in some ways about things like that - "good" static contrast means no blooming around Eleven in mindscapes, but of course it's worse in every other way. And most of what I watch is almost entirely full-field lit, either football or studio shows or video games.

Model is a 75Z9J.

Google TV is crap compared to Roku, though. That's the one thing I'm not liking.

Also Outer Range is amazing. Not that I think anyone anyone else here has listened to Archive 81, but it's a better show of that than the actual Archive 81 show.