Old 10-04-22, 01:00 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5774 Post(s)
Liked 2,573 Times in 1,424 Posts
First of all, accept my best wishes for your wife's swift and complete recovery. Also, please be assured that this cyclist is not typical of the cycling community as a whole.

I, for one, find his conduct doubly troubling. Obviously, because he's an #$%$#@, but doubly because his conduct reflects on me and my community.

To be honest, cyclists are not all the same when it comes to safety and adherence to rules of the road. I certainly don't have a pristine history, since I treat red lights more as suggestions than rules, but for over 50 years and thousands of miles of road cycling, I've treated all road users with courtesy and respect. I consider that an absolute must not only because it's fitting and proper, but because I feel I can't expect the same from others otherwise.

I don't know the laws in Canada, but I hope that if or when he's found, he'll be charged with vehicular assault, and leaving the scene of an accident with injuries at the very least, plus be charged civilly for the costs imposed. Barring that, I hope that there's some Karmic justice and that he eventually becomes a victim of his own negligence, with prejudice.

BTW- while the witnesses may be of little help, there are cameras everywhere these days, so if the police are serious, there's a decent chance that he could be found through traffic cams, or any of the other cameras out there.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 10-04-22 at 01:05 PM.
Likes For FBinNY: