View Single Post
Old 11-17-22, 05:50 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by cjenrick
There already is an airport that crosses over the chehalis western, some guy has a grass field that he lands his 172 on. Can catch you off guard because that engine is feathered and he comes in low. Like 6 feet over your head. Only happened once so far so it ain't like riding around o'hare or something. What is God's will for this experiment called earth. I would think that it would not be about destroying rare habitat, disrupting animal life, and ruining the spiritual experience that comes with a ride down a righteous bike path in the country. I would rather watch the sun set over the oak prairie on a warm summer's evening than cover my ears while some jack wagon pilot comes screaming in on his 707. We got enough flights already while the planet is melting. There is a website that has a map of the earth with real time data showing all the current air traffic and it is astounding to see how many gallons we are burning up there. But selfish people don't care , "honey should we go to Italy or France this year? Or should we check out the pyramids?"

If you care about the planet you will stay home and watch the discovery channel. Air traffic should be reserved for cargo or emergency purposes only. Good Lordy did you see that rocket blast into space? What for.? Are we going to open up a homeless shelter on the moon? Jus saying...WTF?
't
If this is a "ban passenger flying" thread, it definitely doesn't belong in General Cycling.
Likes For livedarklions: