Old 11-17-22, 06:53 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
So pretty much everything I see on my 1/2 acre city lot
I live inside the city limits on a quarter acre lot in a community of lots that size and it is the same here so that description would also describe my neighborhood. The thousands of frogs might be an exaggeration for my house, but they are close by and I do hear a few including a loud bullfrog across the street. We have more owls than I have seen anywhere and a ton of hawks. We watch the barred owls raise their young in a hollow of a tree just next to our property line most years. Just a very short ride from my door I see many wading and other birds, gators, deer, snakes, other wildlife. Out where the airport is is probably less rich in wildlfe, but not because of the airport.

My point is that some of the best trails for seeing wildlife can be in well managed urban areas. Here in Tallahassee we have a trail system that is interconnected pretty well so you can get somewhere on it whether that is access to other trails or for transportation. It is well maintained and folks here take pride in it. Trails tend to run along drainage canals, lakes, and in other places with a lot of wildlife.
Likes For staehpj1: