StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
Need to research SOLD prices on ebay.

Typically local pickup kills the sale, but since you are in a big city, I would consider that.

Pitfall #1: Seller does not disclose defects.

Pitfall #2: Seller does not require signature on delivery (on higher priced items).

Pitfall #3: Seller poorly packs.

I bought a bike here on the forum, seller did not secure the front wheel, and left about 6 inches gap on the front of the box. As a result, the bike slid back and forth, and the wheel did as well. Lots of damage by the time it arrived. Its OK to have gaps around the bike, but the bike itself MUST be secure. So had the seller attached the front wheel to the trame and placed a six inch box in front of the box, all would have been well. Cutting the box down saves on postage.

Sooner or later, if you are a collector of just about everything, you either have to embrace on line sales, or sell locally at a small fraction. I sell stuff on ebay for $100 that I might get $5 MAX locally.

Anyone who sells frequently on ebay will have a horror story or two, but they tend to be relatively rare. And alternatives ALL involve getting LESS for my stuff.
The seller should have filled the gap. That is amateurish.

You can get online prices on CL and FBM in large metros. Especially DC, NYC, Boston, LA, San Francisco.......
I always have.
Likes For StarBiker: