View Single Post
Old 01-18-22, 01:29 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3135 Post(s)
Liked 1,702 Times in 1,027 Posts
Hmm, tough spot. It's not likely that less-than-ideal seat height will cause injury, but it might hinder getting optimal results from your workouts because you're not maximizing your power output or not using the same muscles you use when actually out riding. My gut says it's probably not a big deal, but I honestly don't know. Whether that kind of stuff is even relevant will depend on your goals and how you plan to achieve them.

One other thought... perhaps a local welding shop could extend the seat clamp stub for you. I'm talking about the short post on top of the fore-aft adjusting block which the seat clamp affixes to. You probably don't need more than a couple of inches, but you'd have to figure that out.

If it's an option, you may want to return the IC4 and research replacement options.

Also, maybe you could look for solutions related to the Bowflex C6, which is a "badge engineered" IC4; it's the same bike.

Sorry I have no better solutions for you. Good luck!