Old 04-14-22, 06:25 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 186 Posts
VeloNews: 2023 Trek Domane at Paris-Roubaix?

Note: Link below requires free Outside magazine account to view full article.
https://www.velonews.com/gallery/new...rek-segafredo/

As a Trek Domane "fanboy" and owner of a 2020 Domane SL7, some observations assuming this is indeed the new Domane...
  • Seat post is radically changed, hopefully for the better. My biggest gripe with my 2020 SL7 is that the adjustment slot and "post into frame" vs "post over frame" design invites water and dirt into the frame.
  • No adjustable rear ISO speed decoupler. I predicted this would go away as most SLR owners I've conversed with never adjust the bike's dampening once they initially set it. It was a neat feature, but adds to the complexity of the frame ($$$) and adds to it's weight. I don't think the adjuster will be missed.
  • Front ISO speed decoupler? Hard to tell if the front of these bikes has front ISO speed or not.
  • Downtube storage? Some of the bikes in the article have the downtube storage, some don't. I like my downtube storage :-)
  • 1x!!! Perhaps not unusual for the Paris-Roubaix, it looks like the Trek team has eschewed a front derailleur in-favor of a chain keeper.

If this is the new Domane, the big question on everyone's mind will be, "What does it weigh?" While my 2020 SL7 isn't the lightest bike I've owned, it's by far the nicest bike to ride that I've ever owned. I'm willing to sacrifice a few grams for long term riding comfort.

Thoughts? If this is the new Domane, will you be selling your bike and placing an order... or "meh, not a big enough change from the current Domane"?