Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Bikes: 1995 Trek 800 Sport, aka, "CamelTrek"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 282 Posts
Back on track... perhaps....

If life has taught me anything, it is that life changes. So, as a currently theoretical undertaking, I am intently reading comments and (should it become inevitable) looking to retire as a "Road" scholar.

Living mostly on the road, needs, keeping clean while self sufficient, stretching minimal savings + social sec., VA hospitals as fall backs.... These are my concerns. Any advice is like gold....

What I have read, so far, has me most interested in tarp tenting with bicycle. Watched a few good youtubes. Still don't have a firm grip on best tarp for the size/weight/money. Insect control.... Prefer holistics/natural remedies to pure tech (though mosquito netting seems a must). Just about convinced that baking soda and water can do most anything.

Interaction with the grid.... Networks of camping parks, private grounds and Warmshowers.... What are the best, portable, printed resources for this? Or should I trust in local libraries and their computer resources? In my current, frugalish life, Kroger's produce discount rack helps with "eat it soon" (often organic) food. What nutritious, light-weight, staple gets you to the next veggie meal? (I am vegetarian).

So, living as a nomad (on bike) is my bailout plan. What is necessary?