Old 08-18-19, 04:19 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 755 Times in 561 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisx
Not so.
In a tire stans or orange seal fills the hole, for good, you keep rolling.
In a tube, orange seal or stans, slows the leak, so you can go home and patch the tube.

Not a guess, been there tried that.
Yep. Works great in tubeless setup. Not the same at all in tubes. In my experience with tubes it wasn't even worth the mess or trouble. With a tubeless setup it was great.

To the OP:
I have a pair of never used Stans Ravens in 26x2.0" that I will probably never get around to using. Not designed for on the road, but lots of nice low knobs so they roll well. I wasn't really looking to sell them, but if you are interested PM me. Did they stop making them? I don't see them on their page now.

Other tubeless 26" tires designed for cross country racing and riding have a low knob pattern with lots of small knobs that roll decent on pavement and work great on dirt roads so other tires designed for that usage may work out okay. The two things you may find lacking are that they may not be as long wearing and the sidewall may be less robust than you may like.

Personally I am willing to take my chances with the sidewalls for the nice ride feel of a supple casing. I have always had good luck with preserving the integrity of my sidewalls though. In remote third world settings that may mean carrying a spare.