View Single Post
Old 05-01-20, 05:34 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
My wife lived there for 20 years and called it aggressively defensive
NY?

Having grown up in the NY Metro area and lived in Boston for my first grown up job, the difference I observed is New Yorker’s obnoxiousness is a side effect of being time constrained. It’s not intentional or directed at you personally.

In Boston though I felt like people were deliberately being confrontational and obnoxious for the sole purpose of giving the other guy $hit. It wasn’t inadvertent, it was the end goal of their behavior. Not just while driving, but in life in general.

Ive lived lots of places- NY Metro, North Carolina, rural Alabama, rural Georgia, Boston, Portland ME, and LA. The only place I didn’t like was Boston, and it was the people not really the town or the climate or the cool cultural stuff. I hated my job so maybe that soured me on the entire experience.

Although I do have a good friend from childhood who went to Boston College and settled in the area and she loves it. So maybe I’m too hard on the place, I’ll admit.