Old 05-13-20, 06:15 AM
Jadesfire 

Bikes: '88 Bianchi, '94ish Trek

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Well but which sorts work best? I have started building Lego again and need a place to put the completed models after we move instead of littering the house with them.
Oh! Completely-unrelated anecdote time:
Some years ago, never mind how many, I made the first of a couple of attempts to clean out my mom's garage. My dad had put up a scavenged shelving unit for things like wasp spray, oil, etc. Been hanging there for years, screwed into the wall by its four corners. Mom's holding the thing in place while I tackle the last screw...huh, funny, all the rest came out OK from the studs but not this one? Half a turn of the drill later and water comes absolutely gushing out of the wall. Turns out 10 years ago dear old dad had managed to hit the hidden water PVC water pipe that had been run to the as-yet unused and obviously forgotten utility sink outlet.
So, for a 10 minute project that initially just required a Philips head screwdriver I also got lessons in plumbing and drywall repair. And twenty-four hours without running water because there was, of course, no intermediate shut off on this line so the whole house had to be turned off.

Welcome to home ownership! Know where your main water shut-off valve is.

Edit: In an effort to be somewhat helpful, I have several of these now (and as they are evidently currently unavailable, some of the similar suggestions look pretty close):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VVQR9ZJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VVQR9ZJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And I put one in my own room for my books. Quite sturdy, and I painted the wooden shelves that came with it with Rust-oleum Satin enamel and an enamel sealer so they finished up looking and feeling like textured leather.

Last edited by Jadesfire; 05-13-20 at 06:23 AM.
Likes For Jadesfire: