Old 02-14-21, 06:02 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Originally Posted by StirFry
It is mainly aesthetics lol. One of my main requests when we were discussing the build initially was my desire to have a parallel TT, which it doesn't have. What can I say, I'm a detail oriented person and after spending this much money and time trying to get this built, it's a bit annoying to say the least as I intend to have this bike for a very long time and it is somewhat a personal purchase for me. It also seems that it is off by almost exactly the amount of thickness of my headset which makes me wonder if he forgot to plan around it. Now this brings me to wondering whether or not my geo is off due to this half inch of difference as well. If that's just the way had to have worked that's fine, but it's still annoying at the end of the day, as I could have saved myself a couple racks and kept my original bike that I was perfectly happy with in the looks department. Sure my new one rides marginally better, but to drop the bread that I did it's kind of wack that it's not really something that I'm especially fond of looking at.
If a custom builder didn't build it right reach out to the builder and see if they can get it fixed or have any ideas.

Otherwise you are SOL.
Likes For veganbikes: