View Single Post
Old 03-24-21, 11:22 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,023 Times in 665 Posts
I am throwing this picture in just to be a participant. I cannot hope to be front of the pack with this crowd. Many of my bikes have fenders. I like the look and having to worry less about getting road grit tossed up on me and the bike. Awhile back, I was traveling on business and I got out early one day. I went to a bike shop and rented a bike, not thinking about the cloud in the sky. It rained. I was surprised to see water spraying up at me. "What is this substance getting flung at me from below?" I was used to riding bikes with fenders.

I need to get more recent pictures of this bike. I have handlebar tape on it and the SKS fender in the rear is a little shorter now as a result of a repair after a stick got caught in the spokes. I have both plastic and aluminum fenders and prefer the aluminum for the looks and the plastic for their durability. I was able to make a quick repair and keep riding. I will eventually replace the SKS fenders with Planet Bike fenders that start out with more wrap.

Likes For Velo Mule: