View Single Post
Old 04-27-21, 02:35 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by utku1985
my main goal is fitness workout purpose , I never used a road bike I don’t know if I will be comfortable for me , I had car accident back in 2017 I have herniated disks like almost always I have some discomfort on my neck or back . I have used specialized 2021 roll sport after checking reviews that is the one of the most comfy hybrid upright sitting position and step through so my fiancé can use it , but somehow it’s too heavy for me and saddle hurts my back bone even saddle is very comfy on this bike . I m looking for something light and I live in New York City there is bike path but also regular city streets with some bumps cuts on the road it’s New York and also when I go boardwalk it’s wood road wood bricks old school . Most bikes paths and some hills will be my ride do I need shocks or it doesn’t make difference ?

That's an interesting question as to whether or not an upright position is actually bad for you. I hate to say this, but I think you'll get a lot more insight into what works for your back by trying out a bunch of different kinds of bikes than talking to us.

Cheap shocks are pretty worthless, especially if the weight of the bike bothers you. One thing to consider when you have back problems is that actually carrying a heavy bike can be a problem, so some of this might depend on whether you have to store it up a flight of stairs or something. If that's the case, it's probably a matter of the simpler being the better.