View Single Post
Old 07-27-21, 07:22 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
Liked 1,700 Times in 1,027 Posts
Originally Posted by pgjackson
You think bikes are expensive, you should check out watch collecting. Most enthusiasts don't consider a particular watch to be "expensive" till around the $10,000 range. To many in the community, a $5,000 watch is a nice starter piece. There are production watches out there that cost more than your house. Cycling is a relatively inexpensive hobby for a true enthusiast. Most people have been accustomed to purchasing their watch or bike at Walmart, so anything that is significantly more expensive than a Timex or a Schwinn is considered extravagant to the general public.
Haha! Yeah, I had to get out of that hobby! I’ve actually sold watches to buy bikes. At one point, I was trying to support vintage sports cars, watches, and cycling; talk about overreach! I’m really down to just indulging the bike hobby, which is a good thing. Been thinking about boats lately, though…