View Single Post
Old 08-11-20, 07:12 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone
I would not buy a bike with disc brakes... I guess I am too old to change.

No "Brifters" either, too much clutter.

I guess I am too old to change.
Why not change...??? Have you ever rode a bike with disk brakes...??? If you have NOT experienced the difference between the two, I can assure you, that, there IS a difference.

Wet; Night and day, in both the stopping power , and, the modulation of said disc compared to rim...

Dry; OK, not really much difference except in modulation, or, if loaded up and then the stopping power also becomes way more apparent...

Muddy/Wet/ freezing/ over loaded/pushed to the limit aggressive riding... and... so on, including maintenance/adjustment/reliability in all those conditions have improved over the years...

Discs all the way... IMO, You, and a few others here, talk like a three in the tree manual shifter guy, who stopped at the 4 speed manual tranny level of technology , and, are poo pooing the newer, manual/auto paddle shifter tyranny's out there today. Guess what, technology keeps going and keeps getting better at doing the same thing... Like a single speed bicycle became a 3 speed bicycle, then a 10 speed, then a 18 speed, then a 21 speed, and now there are 33 speeds put there... Do you really NEED anything but a single speed... NO, BUT wait a minute, YES, you do if you want to go faster with "less effort", or, a more efficient ways of riding a bicycle... Just like braking, there IS a "better way" than old rim technology, again, do you NEED it,? NO, but it sure IS better... IMO...