Old 07-25-21, 05:53 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Smart trainer + Zwift finally made the indoor setup work for me. I really enjoy indoor training now, whereas I never really got on with exercise bikes and rollers etc. I also use other cycling apps alongside Zwift, like Rouvy (for high quality video routes) and Sufferfest for hardcore structured training. I come out of winter training in top form now with this setup. I might not ride outdoors for 3 months over the winter and then start smashing PBs in the spring. It's that effective! It's not just for winter training either. Often I can get a higher quality structured workout indoors or simulate something I simply can't do locally outside e.g. a 20 km alpine climb. Typically I might do 2 or 3 indoor training rides during the week and longer outdoor rides at the weekend when I have more time.

Some good setup advice on this thread too. You will sweat a LOT! Fans and towels are essential. Check out DC Rainmaker reviews for smart trainer hardware and setup - so many options out there now. Start with Zwift for software.

My indoor setup is pretty simple: Elite Direto X smart trainer + road bike + large fan + iMac + Zwift/Rouvy/SUF
exactly. i used to try to do some workouts over the winter but since having the trainer, as boring at is can be sometimes (zwift makes is much less boring), it is wonderful to have. a local climb i have is now so darn easy the first time in the season, i was so amazed. rain or not, smoke or not, cold or not, dark or not, i now have an alternative.