Old 12-01-19, 05:23 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by alpharalpha
Going to county and state parks; we have so many beautiful ones down here. Of course with the crime always taking a risk, especially with a child so guess no biggie….
So, @alpharalpha, where is “down here?"
Originally Posted by noglider
Folks, please put your locations in your profiles. It's easy, fun, and profitable. OK, I lie; there's no profit in it….
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
+10, especially when your post is about the area in which you ride. For example, from this Road Cycling thread, "Who do you wave to when you ride?"

Originally Posted by simot

Road cyclists here are rare, seeing one on the road and not waving is plain rude! I'm talking once in a month rare, except for the weekend, that's a group ride day which doesn't count, I think…
I’m slightly more peeved by subscribers who give “cutesy” or obscure locations. Not to pick on XXXX, whose posts I routinely read, but as an example:
Originally Posted by XXXX

What a great picturesque commute! ...
I must confess though, I have thought about listing my LOCATION as: D’uh? {Jim from Boston)
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Whenever I see a series of nested quotes, I think "it's Jim from 'Duh' again."
This is one of the best examples…cutesy, obscure (and bohemian) [by the appropriately named]...:
Originally Posted by booger1
Then there was this following post:
Originally Posted by trailangel
Please include your street address as well.
List all bikes.
What time of day you work.
What size your balls are.
When will there be nobody home.
End of rant (Actually, @alpharalpha, I eventually recognized that you are in Florida from another post ).

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 12-02-19 at 06:05 AM. Reason: added quote by Maelochs