View Single Post
Old 09-30-21, 05:34 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by gif4445
Thanks so much for your input and so sorry about your crash. Hoping you heal up quickly. Like you and others have suggested, the interval sessions are not smart, especially now. I'm working on putting together a smarter plan. One that will keep me on the bike. My spine Dr. told me I can get an MRI if I want, so I'm looking at doing that after the crop is harvested. What year did you do the TABR?
I know a lot of people who have had the symptoms that you have and some have had relatively minor surgeries to rectify. It has been about 4-5 years since I did it. Typically, if an MRI shows nerve impingement from say spurs or a disc, they will start you with PT for some weeks and if that does not help, then, they might put surgery on the table. As a farmer, I suspect you lift heavy stuff and that tweaks the lower back. Myself, I now ride a recumbent because the reclined position takes pressure off the nerves. If I could have surgery to resolve my cervical spine issues, I would do it in a heartbeat. Anyway, it does not hurt to get the MRI and then get several opinions, assuming you have insurance. GL