Old 06-29-20, 03:25 PM
metalheart44

Bikes: Holland Exogrid & Holland HC

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I'm looking for some updated information about this topic. I have moved to a rural area where cell coverage is poor: more than 50-70 percent of my rides are with no or 1 bar cell service. Also, the area is relatively sparsely populated and traffic is infrequent on many of the roads I am now riding. I have some medical issues that worry my wife when I am riding. In the past she could track my rides using a cell-phone based app, but not now and she worries. It is stressful for her and it adds a layer of tension for my rides that I wish was not there.

So, if I go off in a ditch and I am unconscious, I can't press a button and send a text or make a satellite telephone call. I need a device that my wife can know my location and preferably track my ride at any point when she chooses to see where I am. It seems that some of the Garmin products might do this, but I am unclear if devices such as the InReach Mini or Explorer will actually show my location when my wife queries an app or some website. Is there a product that does this or are they all "push this button" if you are in an emergency type devices?