View Single Post
Old 12-07-22, 07:47 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by Pratt
Current idea, "plan" is a little grand and premature at this point, is to ride Burlington to Montreal, take the train to Moncton, ride/shuttle to Charlottetown and head east. I am thinking about staying close to the coast, and taking the ferry out to the Madelines. After that, the north shore westwards to Malpeque for the oysters and then back the C'town, shuttle and train back to Montreal. It sounds like about 3 weeks. A mix of camping and auberges. Comments welcome.
I was there in 2019, pre-covid. Thus I am clueless if hostels are the same as they used to be before covid. If they are still operating and if you wanted to sightsee for a few days, that was a low budget way to do it. I stayed at the HI hostel in Charlottetown for three nights. That was not in my original plan but there was a long stretch of rain everyday in the forecast so I modified my plans to include the hostel for indoor sleeping. The hostel was cheaper than a campsite at the nearby KOA. I was there for Canada Day weekend.

When you say shuttle, I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean the shuttle that takes you across the Confederation Bridge? The day I left Charlottetown, it was still raining, I rode the Confederation trail almost the entire way to the bridge to New Brunswick and then a short distance to a provincial park to camp that night.