View Single Post
Old 01-22-23, 11:13 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,017 Times in 719 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
I could easily see that from the SRAM Eagle webpage, and yet sjanzeir is upset that people suggested that he review that info.
I've also seen that website and found it fairly useless for differentiating all the differences and how they do or don't interact with each other. Anyone can find a website, it doesn't make it useful, anyone can offer second-rate lousy advice with no substance like you did, it also doesn't make it useful. If you had nothing of significance to add, why bother, why not just move on to something you care about?

Originally Posted by veganbikes
You are the one derailing the conversation though and being exceptionally hostile and the OP was also hostile for no real reason as well.
BS, the op asked a basic question that clearly came from a lack of understanding and had his nose rubbed in it when he didn't appreciate the sarcastic lack of real information. The beginning of this thread was openly hostile in general, be useful or move on.

OP, I've generally found the whole Eagle aspect to be annoying, as others pointed out, eagle designates 12sp but the different levels all have different quality points, the sx, nx stuff will be low level items designed to meet price points predominantly for oem bike builds. The real advantage to the two lines, that I understand, is that the cassettes are compatible with older HG cassette hubs unlike the higher levels which require a 12sp XD hub. From there you'll probably need to find online articles about the more specific differences between the quality of the shifters and derailleurs which will come down to which use bushings vs bearings, carbon vs aluminum or plastic, and just how few grams difference there will be between the various levels of chains.
I will say if you switch to one of their groups I've been using JFOYH 12 speed cassettes from Amazon. I needed to do it for Jr. gearing restrictions on their road bikes where going with shimano or sram 12 speed would have meant ridiculously heavy cassettes or stupid gearing due to the brands using 10t cogs for whatever reason. The shifting on the cassettes has been flawless for Sram AXS to shift across and the low cost for the weight is nice.
Likes For Russ Roth: